Frequently Asked Questions
- Since the 1950’s, the Home Builders Association of Greater Austin has brought to Central Texas premier home tours to showcase communities and exemplary builders — who, with unique style and design — bring the forefront of homebuilding to the community.
- The Parade of Homes™ is the area’s longest standing home tour event for the homebuilding industry and the general public.
- The Parade of Homes™ – originally known as the “Cavalcade of Homes” – allows attendees a first look at cutting-edge home designs and state-of-the-art home features.
- It’s a once-a-year opportunity for potential homebuyers and the general public to view all the newest, most innovative industry products and services in a single location.
- The Parade of Homes™ draws between 7,000 and 10,000 attendees over the three weekend event.
Where do I buy tickets?
- Tickets may be purchased either online or on-site at the Ticket Office.
- Tickets may be purchased at any time during the event and are good for any 1-day use unless purchasing the “All-Access-Pass” which can be used all days the Parade of Homes™ is open.
- Ticket holders will receive a wristband once the ticket is scanned or redeemed at the event gate.
- For attendees who pre-purchase tickets or have purchased tickets online; upon arrival, please park and then ride the shuttle to the Event gate where your ticket will be scanned.
- Unless you need to PURCHASE a ticket or pick up a ticket at Will Call – there is no need to visit the Ticket Office. Simply ride the shuttle and your ticket will be scanned in at the Event gate.
Is there a Senior or Veteran discount on tickets?
- No, there is no discount on Parade of Homes™ tickets.
- However, the entire proceeds of the ticket go to two local nonprofits: the Home Builders Association of Greater Austin, and the 501c3 charitable partner, HomeAid Austin.
Where is this year’s Parade of Homes?
- This year’s event is at Travisso, and the homes being featured are in the new custom section, Mirabella.
- Travisso is located at FM1431 and Travisso Parkway. Click here for map.
When is the Parade open?
- The 2018 Parade of Homes™ is open to the public 11am to 7pm, Fridays through Sundays, October 19th through November 4th, as well as each Thursday for realtors.
- Exact days open to the public are:
- Thursday, October 18 – Realtor Day
- Friday, October 19
- Saturday, October 20
- Sunday, October 21
- Thursday, October 25 – Realtor Day
- Friday, October 26
- Saturday, October 27
- Sunday, October 28
- Thursday, November 1 – Realtor Day
- Friday, November 2
- Saturday, November 3
- Sunday, November 4
Where do I park?
- All attendees must park at the main parking lot on the NE corner of the intersection of FM 1431 and Travisso Pkwy. No Parade of Homes™ street parking is allowed in Travisso.
- Look for the Parade of Homes™ “Park Here” signs as you turn right (north) onto Travisso Parkway from FM 1431.
- Please be courteous to our Travisso neighbors – absolutely no street parking along Travisso Parkway or on resident streets.
Will there be handicap parking?
- Yes, there will be easy-access handicap parking spaces available in the main parking lot near the Ticket Office. From there, Shuttle service will be provided from the Parking Lot to the Event gate.
- Unless you need to PURCHASE a ticket or pick up a ticket at Will Call – just jump on a shuttle and your ticket will be scanned in at the Event gate.
- For your convenience, Golf cart service will be available throughout the event area, once you have entered the gate.
May I bring my children?
- Yes! Children are welcome, and those age 5 or younger may enter the Parade of Homes™ for free! All other children require a ticket.
Are there restrooms on-site?
- Yes! Although the restrooms in the homes are not available for use, there are portable restrooms and a comfort station (air conditioned restroom trailer) available on-site conveniently located near the homes.
Who are the builders, and what homes are being showcased in this year’s event?
- Aluxa Custom Homes transforms dreams into an elegant reality nationwide, including the spectacular home as part of the Parade. With sky views in every room, this hilltop transitional home was designed for comfort, entertainment and functional living. The lot was selected for its topography and privacy, allowing for an expansive outdoor experience at all three of its levels. In addition, this energy star rated home is loaded with smart home automation throughout. 2013 Skyview Ridge Pass / 5,090 Sq. Ft. / 4 Bed / 4.3 Bath / Cabana / 3-Car Garage
- Glazier Homes serves Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown and Leander. The one-story Scandinavian Farmhouse is a one-of-a-kind entertainer’s bragg. The house was intentionally designed to maximize the rare views only available in the Texas Hill Country. Must-see features include the spectacular swimming pool, fireplace wall, outdoor privacy sculpture, translucent glass garage doors, natural zen vine walls, organic cabinets, and Queen’s master closet. 2209 Venetian Sky / 4,252 Sq. Ft. / 4 Bed / 3 Bath / 3-Car Garage
- Hill Country Artisan Homes creates functionality and comfort set in a vision of luxury. Breathtaking Hill Country views await the lucky owner of this custom home built on a 1.35-acre site. Masterfully designed with an abundance of architectural detailing, a luxurious owner’s suite and a wall of glass doors revealing elaborate outdoor living including a lap pool and spa, outdoor pool bath with shower, and an arbor-covered outdoor kitchen. Truly resort living. 2109 Skyview Ridge Pass / 5,056 Sq. Ft. / 4 Bed / 4.1 Bath / Wine Cellar / 4-Car Garage
- Vogel Builders is a multi-award-winning custom home builder serving Austin and Texas Hill Country. This incredible home has unbeatable 180-degree views for miles and specifically designed to maximize how people want to live, work, relax, entertain and host overnight guests. Custom features and luxury finishes make this home a true show stopper. Features include: Master with private loft and balcony, floating staircase, hidden media room and attached casita. 2213 Venetian Sky 6,911 Sq. Ft. / 5 Bed / 5.2 Baths / Wine Room / 4-Car Garage
Is there a charity partner?
- The entire proceeds of the ticket go to two local nonprofits: the Home Builders Association of Greater Austin, and the 501c3 charitable partner, HomeAid Austin.
How can I get involved with the Parade?
- There are many ways to be involved with the event: sponsor, volunteer, advertise, and more.
Contact Us at email@example.com for more info.